Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Wednesday in Wyoming - May 4, 2022

 Wednesday in Wyoming is back! This month I'm going to focus on things that may not be unique Wyoming but that you won't find just anywhere.

Medicine Bow - Madden Hall of Fame
We're starting with the small town of Medicine Bow. What intrigued me wasn't the sign for the diner but the "Madden Hall of Fame."

What is it? The next two pictures give you a closer look.
Medicine Bow Madden Hall of Fame

 By now you've probably figured out what the "hall of fame" is. (The crescent moon on the door is one of the giveaways.) But if you need another clue, here it is.


Yes, the hall of fame is an outhouse. 

Is there a family named Madden in Medicine Bow? I don't know. If there is, why did they put an outhouse here? Again, I don't know. 

Regardless of the history behind it, I was intrigued by this unusual sighting.

Were you?







No comments:

Post a Comment