Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Wednesday in Wyoming - October 6, 2021

 

Sagebrush and Tetons
For me, this is the quintessential picture of western Wyoming in early fall, with the sagebrush that drew me to the state in the first place in the foreground and majestic mountains in the background. 

If it weren't for the telephone lines, I could imagine myself a pioneer traveling the Oregon Trail in search of a better life. Of course, I was traveling in much more comfort than the pioneers did - no walking beside a covered wagon or foraging for fuel for my campfire. 

Where was this photo taken? Just outside Grand Teton National Park. I'll be featuring the park and the surrounding area all month, so please come back next week for more glimpses of one of the most beautiful parts of the state I now call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment