Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Wednesday NEAR Wyoming - November 29, 2023

 

sod house, Old Town, CO
Would you want to live in a sod house? While I appreciate the early settlers' ingenuity in creating homes on the treeless prairie, I shuddered when I read about some of the disadvantages of sod houses ... including snakes falling from the ceiling.

If you don't believe me, here's a post entitled Snakes on the Dinner Table.

The sod house is only one of a number of historical buildings in the Old Town Museum in Burlington, Colorado. Burlington is also home to the Kit Carson County Carousel which is well worth visiting. Beware, though. This carousel revolves faster than most and might make you just a little bit dizzy by the end of the ride.

I hope you've enjoyed this month's posts featuring sites in Colorado. Next month we'll return to Wyoming. 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how those sod houses hold up! Thanks for the post. Cheers

    ReplyDelete