Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Wednesday Near Wyoming - May 27, 2020

carhenge -- ford seasons
When you look at this picture, do you think of Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons"? I didn't, but that famous piece of music is what inspired the artist.

Still confused? The name of this automotive sculpture is The FORD Seasons. And, yes, those are Fords.

What may still not be clear is that the cars represent the seasons of wheat growing.

  • Green - Spring: the wheat is planted.
  • Gold - Summer: the wheat is growing. (Notice that this part requires two cars to show how much the wheat has grown.)
  • Pink - Autumn: the wheat is harvested. 
  • White - Winter: the field is empty, waiting for spring and planting season to return.

I'll admit that none of that was particularly apparent to me at first glance, but even without the explanation, I smiled when I saw this part of Carhenge.

I hope you've enjoyed this month's trips to Alliance, Nebraska, and that you'll come back next week for a new post.

No comments:

Post a Comment