Wednesday, March 4, 2020

National Grammar Day

Who cares about grammar?

Her and me thinks its important two no the rules of grammar, but sew few people dew.

Did you laugh when you read that last sentence? You were meant to. Although it's an extreme example, there's no doubt that grammatical rules are often broken, and -- since I'm a grammar purist -- that bothers me.

That's why I wrote a series of grammar-based blog posts for LA Sartor. I named them "Raves and Rants," although the rants far outnumbered the raves. If you're interested in my explanations of simple -- and not so simple -- grammatical rules, here's a link to them.

And, in case it wasn't totally clear, the second paragraph should have been: She and I think it's important to know the rules of grammar, but so few people do.

You knew that, didn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment