Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wednesday in Wyoming -- April 2, 2014

How would you decorate a plain white fiberglass trout?  That was the challenge that the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson posed to Wyoming's high school students.  The results, which are now showcased in the State Museum's "Traveling Trout" exhibit, impressed me with both the variety of materials used -- everything from duct tape to coins to felted wool -- and the creativity. That's why I'm going to spotlight one or more trout each Wednesday in April. 

The judges awarded first, second and third places and a number of honorable mentions.  You'll have to wait until the end of the month to see the first place winner.  In the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy some of the entries that piqued my imagination.
I've never seen a trout like this, but that didn't stop me from calling this one of my favorites.  Does it remind you of anything you've seen?


No comments:

Post a Comment