Saturday, June 15, 2013

Who Reads Amanda Cabot's Books? -- Andrea Suzanne Dawson Does


Today it's my pleasure to introduce a woman who took time away from her birthday celebration to attend my first booksigning in Cheyenne.  Since then, she's become a friend who's done everything from catering book launch parties to creating a special dress in honor of Waiting for Spring.  Let me introduce Andrea Suzanne Dawson from Cheyenne.

Those of you who've read Waiting for Spring know that it's dedicated to Suzanne, which is how she introduced herself.  It was only later that I learned that was her middle name.  If you're like me, you may wonder why she uses her middle name instead of Andrea.  When I asked her, she said that she actually prefers to be called Andrea.  (I'm trying to remember that.)  When she was a very young child, she couldn't pronounce Andrea, so her mother decided it would be easier to call her Sue or Suzanne.  I don't know about you, but I think both Andrea and Suzanne are lovely names.

Now, to learn more about her, I asked her a number of other questions.

What was the first of my books that you read?
     Paper Roses

How did you discover that book?
     I had gone to Barnes & Noble for my birthday just to see what books were out, and I noticed the sign that there was going to be a book signing, so I hung around until the author, Amanda Cabot, got there, started talking to her and bought her book, Paper Roses.
And, of course, I'm delighted that you came.

If you have a favorite Cabot book, which one is it?  (And why is it your favorite, if you'd like to share that with others?)
     My favorite is Waiting for Spring because it hits home in so many ways, and it was dedicated to me, so that makes it very special and one I will treasure all my life.
It's a special book for me, too, in part because it was the first one set in Cheyenne.  It was so much fun, learning more about the city's history.

Who are your other favorite authors?
     LaVyrle Spencer has always been a favorite of mine, but she doesn’t write anymore. I also really like Delia Parr, Dan Walsh, Deanna Gist, Joanne Kennedy, Kim Vogel-Sawyer, Suzanne Woods Fisher and all the Christian writers (just to name a few). An all-time favorite book of mine is Ashes in the Wind.
What a great list of writers!  I'm delighted to be in such good company.

What do you enjoy doing when you're not reading?
      When I am not reading, I sew, crochet, knit and work puzzles.

Is there any other information about your life that you'd like to share with other readers?
      I love being around people and especially children. I went on a mission to Juarez, and it was so rewarding that I would love to do that again.
See what I mean about Suzanne ... er ... Andrea being a special person? Thanks, Andrea for sharing your life with us.  And one final note.   Andrea and her husband celebrated their golden wedding anniversary earlier this month.  What a wonderful milestone!

No comments:

Post a Comment