Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wednesday in Wyoming -- March 27, 2013

Earlier this month, I featured a painted horse, and still earlier, there was a sculpture of a bison.  As you can see, today's feature borrows a bit from each of those and is a painted bison.  This bison is on display at the National Historic Trails Interpretive Center in Casper. 


If you look closely, you'll see that the designs on the first side include an Indian village and snow-dusted mountains, while the opposite side shows the white man's influence on Wyoming.


One of my favorite parts of this sculpture is the head.  I found the use of faces there to be particularly imaginative. 

As someone who doesn't have an artistic bone in her body, I'm always amazed by the creativity of those who can paint and sculpt.  That's why I've featured sculptures this month.  I hope you've enjoyed them.


2 comments: