Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Wednesday in Wyoming -- March 2, 2016

Thomas Jefferson said, "I cannot live without books." I agree with him, but I'd add "or libraries" to his statement.  That's one of the reasons I investigated the Laramie County Library before moving to Cheyenne.  It was in an older, much smaller building then but had everything I needed at the time.  Now it's housed in a beautiful new environmentally-sound building with facilities only dreamt about a dozen years ago.

As you can see, the theme of reading is highlighted in the statue shown above. But what are those lighter colored blocks on the wall next to the main entrance?  They're reading-related quotations from famous people.


I'm going to highlight some of my favorites this month, so be sure to check back each week to see who said what.

No comments:

Post a Comment