Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Who Reads Amanda Cabot's Books? -- Debbie Darroch Does


One of the exciting things for me is knowing that I have readers all around the U.S. and, in fact, in many different countries.  I'm looking forward to showcasing some of them this year and, depending on your reaction to this series, may expand from once to twice a month next year.

I'm delighted to begin the year with Debbie Darroch, who lives in Hernando, Florida.  I have to admit that as the cold wind howls in Cheyenne, the thought of living in the Sunshine State sounds very appealing to me.  So, let's learn some more about this avid reader.

Debbie, I couldn't help noticing that you had several of my books on display.  Needless to say, that made me smile.  I also noticed that your house is immaculate.  Wish I could say the same!


             What was the first of my books that you read?
            Paper Roses


2        How did you discover that book?
            Your website
I'm glad to know that the website is helping readers learn more about me and my books. 


             If you have a favorite Cabot book, which one is it?  (And why is it your favorite, if you’d like to share that with others.)
            I find them all equally enjoyable.
Is this a bit like mothers being asked which child is their favorite?  I have to admit that although I have favorite scenes and favorite characters, like you, I couldn't choose just one as an overall favorite.


4         Who are your other favorite authors?
            Maeve Binchey, Rosamunde Pilcher, Charles Dickens, Edgar Allan Poe, and most classical authors.
What an intriguing list!  I'm also a fan of Maeve Binchey and have read the other authors you mentioned, but I definitely cannot read Poe too close to bedtime. 


5       What do you enjoy doing when you’re not reading?
            Walking, cycling, boating and fishing.
And now I know why you live in Florida.  It's got to be one of the best places to do all those wonderful outdoor activities.  


             Is there any other information about your life that you’d like to share with other readers?
            I have been married to the love of my life for forty three years.
That's wonderful!  Congratulations to you and your husband on a love that's not simply survived the decades but has grown stronger with time.  Your real-life story is better than any I could write.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful interview! Nice to meet you, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was neat. Nice to meet Debbie. Maxie Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea to host readers on your blog, Amanda. Great interview and I too am envious of the ultra clean house. Nice to meet you, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete